Re: [Swprograms] KCRW

LA features a minimum of five widely audible public radio stations.

KCRW features the eclectic mix John mentions.

KPCC -- actually operated by Minnesota Public Radio -- is pretty close
to the NPR/PRI syndicated mix, with some locally originated talk
shows.

KCSN is a blend of classical, folk, and BBCWS programming.

KUSC is 100% classical, with most of its content offered nationally
via the CPRN.

KPFK is 100% Pacifica (politically liberal talk/news).

I don't know how well - overall - a KCRW clone would fend in much
smaller markets where there is less room for public radio.
Interestingly, the weekly two-hour "best of" program culled from
Mornings Become Eclectic, titled "Sounds Eclectic", appears on the XM
Public Radio channel (but not on Sirius).  Sounds Eclectic is offered
on roughly 20 other public radio stations.

Oh...all 5 of those LA public radio stations mentioned above do stream
their over-the-air broadcasts; "Morning Becomes Eclectic" is also
available on-demand via webcast.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA