Re: [Swprograms] Sirius Canada (was 'An article from globetechnology.com')

On 14/06/05, Richard Cuff <rdcuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The entire Canadian satellite radio debate, and the burgeoning XM and
> Sirius gray market, have (in the opinions of some) emasculated the
> CRTC to the point of irrelevance in this.

Well, yes, the grey market has taken some of the steam out of the
debate. But that market exists mostly along the border with the U.S.

Presumably, one of the main drawing cards of satellite radio *directed
to Canada itself* is that it will serve all Canadians, wherever they
may be located.

It will also serve us as we drive across this vast country, east to
west, north to south.

Of course, people may still not buy into it because of these reasons.
But they nevertheless do counter much of the validity of the grey
market argument.

73,
pb