Re: [Swprograms] OT: Satellite Radio market share < 0.5% of listening audieenc

Re: [Swprograms] OT: Satellite Radio market share < 0.5% of listening audieenc

But for both Sirus and XM, the top 20 cities do get traffic
reports...roughly every 5 mintes.  With Sirius, there are 10
narrow-bandwidth phone line-quality "channels" that alternate two
cities... e.g. Philadelphia and NYC, Baltimore and Washington.

80 over-the-air stations?  Perhaps 3/4 of them are one of eight or 9
format alternatives.  There may be only 15 or so legitimate format
choices.

I particularly enjoy the lack of commercials, reduction of inane host
banter, and access to several cerebral alternatives including the
BBCWS, WRN, and PRI.

I am not rural -- actually fringe suburban to Philly and NYC, and in
the Lehigh Valley market...but your hypothesis, Joe, regarding the
geographic distribution is an interesting one.

Rich Cuff