Re: [Swprograms] Fwd: [ODXA] sirius radio

Re: [Swprograms] Fwd: [ODXA] sirius radio

The Sirius, XM, and Standard Radio plans all have Canadian content.  I
suppose the bureaucrats are worried that Canadians will prefer the
120-odd channels that *don't* have Canadian content to the 5 channels
that will.

I posted something a few months back that pretty much said that the
CRTC is being shown as largely irrelevant as Canadians happily
participate in the burgeoning "grey" market.

While we await a positive CRTC decision so we can selfishly enjoy the
CBC in the "lower 48", perhaps the powers that be at Sirius will
recognize the value of adding the 24/7 feeds from Radio Australia,
Deutsche Welle, and RNW to the station roster.  Heck, a single channel
mixing these three stations would be a fine addition to the mix.

Perhaps Sirius might be open to such a suggestion right now, given how
they took pains the other day to show how the Pope's funeral was
available via 10 different spoken-word audio sources.

Might I suggest those of us who are Sirius subscribers put keys to
keyboard and send the feedback  folks at Sirius
(genfeedback@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) a note with our suggestions if we're so
inclined.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA   USA