Re: [Swprograms] HFCC entries explained

The HFCC figures are meaningless only if you are not familiar with the format
of HFCC entries. This is an extremely valuable reference, even if it is
incomplete since some countries and administrations insist that their
information not be made public (this is broadcasting, isn`t it???) and should
not be that complicated even when using a screenreader. A little intuition
ought to have helped figure some of these out.

For Paul David and anyone else who is wondering, I explain this entry:

6135 - frequency in kHz; this entire list is in frequency order
0400 - UT when transmission starts
0600 - UT when transmission ends
10,11SW,12N -- CIRAF target zones; there are maps where you can look these up
easily, http://www.itu.int/ITU-R/terrestrial/broadcast/images/broad-ciraf2.gif
and there should be a text listing too, but I am not sure where. The SW means
the southwestern part of region number 11; N means northern part of region 12.
In this case, 10, 11 and 12 refer to Mexico, Caribbean and NW South America.

DL  - this column is for transmitter sites; there is a separate alfabetical key
to them. Delano, California in this case

250 -- power in kW
121 -- azimuth in degrees east of true north
1234567 --- right, days of the week, in this case all of them.
311004 -- Date transmission started, 31 October 2004
270305 -- Date transmission ends, 27 March 2005
D  -- not sure what this means -- it appears in most entries
G  -- country, Great Britain
BBC --- guess
MER -- Merlin (which no longer exists by that name)
15617 -- just the entry number in the overall list, not always consecutive

> 6135 0400 0600 10,11SW,12N                    DL   250 121
> 1234567
> 311004 270305 D                  G   BBC MER 15617

73, Glenn Hauser