[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, February 15-21, 2013

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, February 15-21, 2013

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only. Or FRG-7, Sony SRF-59 when specified.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

** MEXICO. 540, Feb 18 at 0633 UT, took less than a minute after tune-in to Mexican music to hear not one, not two, but by 0635, three IDs from XETX, La Ranchera de Paquimé, Nuevo Casas Grandes, Chihuahua. The middle one was a full ID with studio address, etc., and all also mentioning their FM. 5 kW dominating the channel, again raising questions about whatever became of 150 kW XEWA, SLP? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 570, Feb 19 at 0700 UT, ``570 AM, La Grande de Tabasco``, i.e. XEVX, Comalcalco, 10/1 kW, 24 hours per IRCA Log. Nice to hear something this deep into Mexico. By 0703, KLIF has resurged (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGET)

** MEXICO. 650, Feb 19 at 0656 UT, polka making fast SAH with WSM which is just about nullable, 0657 segué to choral Mexican NA. It`s probably my regular XETNT, but haven`t relogged it for some time, so I keep checking. Long version NA still going past 0701; finally 0702 full ID for XETNT Radio 65, 106.5, Los Mochis, Grupo Chávez, and the mysterious nickname ``Radio K`` --- or is it? Now it sounds more like ``Radio Caos``???

Searching on that plus Mochis leads to an interesting website with lots of clips of stations around there even tho it`s headlined in Arabic, with a domain in Israel! It seems there is a Radio Caos somewhere on 107.3.

Here`s a R. 65 ID, but not the one I heard, nothing about K/Caos:
http://www.wen.co.il/play.php?id=kW3hbEhuxbg
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1010, Feb 19 at 0715 UT another try at my recent unID here, romantic music in Spanish, upbeat and female singers (only?), NE-SW, 0720 catch slogan ``Exa FM`` plus 100.algo FM, y ``10-10 AM``. That makes it XELO in Chihuahua city per IRCA Log, 500 watts night with a BAL/SPO format and FM on 100.9 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1100, Feb 19 at 0628 UT, WTAM `C2C` has some musical CCI with a SAH which is hard to null, making me suspect it be from near-opposite direxion. The AZ station talk format looks unlikely, and the NM station is silent, so that leaves maybe XENAS Navojoa, Sonora, which is CHR (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)