[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, February 8-14, 2013

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, February 8-14, 2013

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only. Or FRG-7, Sony SRF-59 when specified.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

** MEXICO. 2910, Feb 11 at 1155 and still 1219 UT, very poor signal but usual Spanish morning news magazine with some music, from XEVT, 3 x 970, Villahermosa, Tabasco, our most persistent and regular MW harmonic, along with KGLD 2660 Texas. Ever-increasing storm noise level disrupts our 2 MHz DXing.

Following story is of interest because it refers to XEVT at the end, about the migration of AM stations to FM, in this case in Tabasco state. That will take care of the AM harmonic on 2910!

"Cambio de frecuencia no afectó a radiodifusoras"
http://www.oem.com.mx/elheraldodetabasco/notas/n2839557.htm
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 960, Feb 12 at 0600-0605 UT, a little bit of everything but no IDs during local KGWA`s unmodulated Fox-hole: 0601 romantic music in Spanish, so XEK or XEFAMA; 0602 mixing with blues, so WABG Mississippi; 0603 ABC news so KMA Iowa (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)