[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, February 1-7, 2013

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, February 1-7, 2013

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only. Or FRG-7, Sony SRF-59 when specified.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

** MEXICO. 660, Feb 2 at 0659 UT, a partial ID mentioning 98.9, then romantic music. http://www.mexicoradiotv.com is handy for listing FM //s and the only one shown on 660 is:
660 XEACB La Lupe + FM 98.9 Cd. Delicias, Chih. 3,000 1,000
as I have heard before. Ditto the IRCA Mexican Log. However, not 100% positive, since more and more FM simulcasts are being added, as Mexican AM stations are being pushed to FM and it`s possible there could be two matching FM //s on any AM frequency (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 780, Feb 3 at 1406 UT, groundwave KSPI Stillwater OK can be sharply nulled, revealing weak Spanish music, fast SAH, and no WBBM, fading by 1408 when a possible ID came as ``Radio Zeta``? Probably not as no such Mexican slogan mentioned anywhere and there are zero US SS stations on 780 per NRC AM Log. It`s a bit late for the two Tamaulipans or the one Coahuilan, but there are none further west. As for ``Zeta``, maybe no station would call itself that now with unfortunate connotations? No, Cantú does show a couple on AM, 1260 and 1340 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1090, Feb 7 at 1347 UT, as I think I am hearing reactivated KAAY, fast SAH and Spanish takes over, soon 7:47 timecheck, ``Milenio Radio, 103.7, volvemos`` after ad break. XEAU Monterrey, the usual one here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 2910, Feb 1 at 1155 UT, the best signal on the harmonic band is still XEVT, Villahermosa, Tabasco, as previously IDed. By 1245 it`s declined to JBA. Meanwhile I am chasing others on 2240, 2250, 2660; see UNIDENTIFIED and USA (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 2910, Feb 3 at 0050 and 1215 UT chex, JBA carrier, presumed XEVT Villahermosa, Tabasco, as previously IDed, 3 x 970; am not spending long hours on this anymore with several other 2 MHz band harmonix to chase (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 2910, Feb 5 at 1221 UT, XEVM Villahermosa, Tabasco, 3 x 970, with usual morning news magazine of alternating M & W voices, very poor but at least it`s still there unlike 2240, see unID (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 2910, Feb 6 at 1224, Spanish talk still poorly audible from previously IDed XEVT, Villahermosa, Tabasco, 3 x 970. It seems I have an `exclusive` on this (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific MW carrier search Feb 1 at 1319-1323 UT finds: 594, 693, 747, 774, 882 and 1566, with 774 strongest but still JBA. Today`s Enid sunrise is 1333 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific carrier search circa sunrise here Feb 4: not a full bandscan, but checking some prime frequencies, JBA carriers audible with BFO at 1328 UT on 774, 1329 on 747, 1330 on 882 kHz (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)