Re: [IRCA] Alberta TAs

Nick Hall-Patch wrote:

At 00:42 12/21/2009, you wrote:
I've got Farda-1575 up and down here, plus a carrier on 1548.  I'd love to get audio from the latter, but the domestic splatter is quite strong.

Only Farda here just after 0000UT, but then I had to go out.....just varying degrees of carriers now.. (0230)

Nick

Yep, the activity certainly didn't carry on into the evening, as mostly just carriers now, with the normal exception of Croatia, which still has good audio, and Spain on 585//639/684/774/855 at varying levels.. Even while it lasted, the action was limited to the high frequencies, above 1400 or so. Yielded some good stuff though:
- my best ever reception of Iran on 1503
- interesting unID on 1458 which needs further investigation
- finally a definite log of Sawa from Djibouti on 1431, //1548, after numerous tentative logs - traces of audio on 1467, where I've never heard anything after TWR leaves the air.
The signals on 1539 and 1548 were simply amazing at times.

73,

Nigel