[IRCA] TP for 19 Dec from Victoria, BC

Things didn't seem awful this morning, though I suspect that signals may have been even better before I started listening at 1510UT, as signal strengths seemed to be dropping.   Somewhat of an enhancement around 1525, then a slow fade out to 1600 and beyond.

However, if I hadn't had the time to seriously listen, it would have been easy to do a couple of quick checks and say "nothing to hear today"

pretty darn good audio, at least briefly  (all of it understandable by a native speaker)

639 CNR-1 //5030 at 1515UT

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a native speaker,
though often battling w/splash or noise):

774 JOUB with maybe occasional spurts into the top tier of signals
828 JOBB at 1531UT, but there was a second station there also
972 likely HLCA
1575 seemed to be VoA fading up to this level by 1516

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be understood by a native speaker

567 JOIK //594 at 1527
603 SAH and 2 stations at 1519,  one w/light instrumental mx and possible KK talk by woman
675 likely Vietnam? this seems well modulated, as carrier isn't always strong
747 JOIB
873 JOGB //774 at 1517
936  CC talk by woman at 1518

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

558  possible mix of two stations at 1526, hard to tell if anything //603
702 seemed //774, so NHK-2 pair
855 N. Korea //2850
918 talking in the murk
945 seemed //5030, so CNR-1
1134 seemed //5030, so CNR-1
1188 guessing it was //594??

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

864, 1566;  the latter actually delivered very murky audio (woman talking) for a moment or two at 1735UT, after their pattern change for the Russian program.

best wishes,

Nick