Re: [IRCA] Seattle logs for Monday 9/28

Some additional highlights from this morning, as found in the SDR files

549   Russian talk 1343 fair
603 Woman yakking in Chinese, probably the same one Gary's been hearing, briefly quite good & alone 1343. 1400 recheck revealed what sounded like very weak NHK pips & JJ talk.
612   NHK pips & JJ talk fair 1400 //594 etc
621 Chinese talk good 1344, obliterated when KCIS switched to day power/antenna 1345 675 Vietnamese talk good 1344, 2nd stn in background. Rechecked at 1400 & had JJ talk & NHK pips //666 738 Mix of Korean and Chinese talk, Korean dominant 1257, 3+1 pips from Korea 1300, other pips in background with high pitched long one at the end, possibly from China
756   China pips weakly 1300
819   N Korea huge w/choral music 1247, easily separable from local KGNW-820

Bruce in Seattle
SDR-IQ & R8A receivers, K9AY antenna

Some of the regulars were good

Bruce Portzer wrote:
Same here.  I did a quick scan 1340-1350 before heading to work.  Things were quite dull above 1206, but quite good on lower freqs.  2 stns on 963, a loud het on 50 kw local KPTK-1090, 936 strong, 747 monster level, audio or a het  on most freqs below 1200.  I'll have a full report later tonight after I check the SDR files.

Bruce