[IRCA] TP fro 28Sep09 from Victoria: Poor!

[IRCA] TP fro 28Sep09 from Victoria: Poor!

John Bryant has all the luck travelling on such a lackluster day!  I listened between 13:36 (slept in a bit) and 14:13 and was underwhelmed with what I heard.  Only the 1st tier JJ stations seemed to make it through.  Highlight, though, was hearing English from North Korea at 14:04 // 3250.  Never heard that before and worth checking previous SDR files.  I tuned today from 936 up, then 936 down (936 being the center frequency of my SDR recordings).  It's a good bellweather station, since when conditions are good, it can be pretty strong, and when not, there's not much there (as there was today).  By the way, I revamped my W wire by raising it about 20' to the top of our large fir trees in the back yard, so expecting a big improvement in gain from an already hot antenna (this is a Conti corner fed broadband loop).  SF 72, A8, K2.  As always "6" unless otherwise noted:

531, 567, 576
585:  JOPG at 7
594:  JOAK at 9
603:  7 level oriental at 14:08
612:  8.5 level Brisbane at 14:11 (very little else from DU today).
657:  English news at 14:04 //3250.  This is obviously North Korea.  Never heard English there before!  7 to 8 level.
666:  JOBK at 8 at 14:03
738:  2 cochannel CC talk and music at 7 level.
747:  JOIB at 7 only
774:  JOUB at 9 at 14:00
801:  6 only.  Wobbly carrier on high side today
828:  JOBB at 9
846
873:  JOGB at 7
918:  Strong oriental music at 9 level at 13:57
963:  CRI RR at 13:37 at 9 level
972:  KK at 9 level
981:  CNR1 at 8
1017:  CRI KK at 8
1053, 1098, 1116
1134:  ?KBS at 8.  Lot's of splatter but otherwise strong at 13:43
1143:  8 level ?Taiwan Fisheries
1242:  JOLF at 8 at 13:48
1251
1287:  JOHR at 9
1332
1422:  JORF at 7 at 13:52
1503:  6.5 with weak talk.  Asian at 13:53
1512
1566:  HLAZ barely a 7
1575:  VOA a bit stronger at 8.

There you have it.