[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 13 Sep 2009

For the most part, the TPs were very similar to yesterday. Not quite as good perhaps, but close. VOA on 1170 was there again, but this morning I also had VOA on 1575, which I didn't yesterday. 1566 has done well the last couple of days and heard the call ID at 1230, thanks to Nick's tip. The 1215 Chinese was back, though not quite as good as yesterday. I did note that Japan on 594 was back to its robust self, after being rather anemic yesterday. The DU picture was markedly different from yesterday though. After not hearing a thing yesterday, today I had a good low-band opening. I had to make a choice at about 1255 of staying with TPs or switching to the DU antenna, so I chose the latter. Over the next 15 minutes noted audio on 549, 576, 585, 594, 639, 702, 738 (both Tahiti and Australia), 774, 891, 1116. Strictly a low band opening though, as the regulars on 891 and 1116 were nothing out of the ordinary. After straining a muscle yesterday doing some landscape work it took a bit of willpower to drag myself out of bed this morning, but it was definitely worth it.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta