Re: [IRCA] Beverage antenna/ALA 100

Walt,

After talking with Nick tonight, I am thinking of trying another EWE to
start with from the corner of the house to the tree. At least it is an
option and it will have the lobe at 30-40 degrees. It is worth a shot.
The phasing I do, I just get a Northern lode by phasing KSWB Seaside to
South of me out, leaving CKBX 840 100 Mile House BC alone on the channel
and I have my N/NE lobe. I don't need to touch the controls after that,
but phasing with two EWEs that are not directional to the NE alone is a
compremise at best. So adding another antenna that does have the lobe to
the NE is a real plus.  I could run a Pennant from the corner to the
tree or the ALA loop also. A 35 foot EWE is not exciting to me as it is
too short, but at least is is a beginning.
   One thing I am not excited about with the ALA 100 that it is bi
directional like any loop. I am sold on the EWE's that are directional
one way. But it is worth giving the ALA 100 a shot as so many rave about
them. I am looking forward to the test.

73,

Patrick