Re: [IRCA] ALA 100 and related thoughts

Don,

Thanks for your insight and information. It is much appreciated.
   I spoke with Nick for a while tonight about my TA options and I have
several.
The ALA 100 with the Triangle loop running 30-35 feet from the corner of
the house to a tree, pointed at 30 degrees, true North.  We also
discussed Flag's and Pennants and I think I have enough room from that
corner to the tree for a Pennant. A Flag would be too hard to do.
Thirdly, I could try another EWE but 30-35 feet in length. That would
the easiest to install, but the SW leg of the EWE will be running near
the side of the house that may pick up noise from the electrical wiring.
However in that corner, I don't have any outlets, so I don't think there
is wiring there. The bathtub is on the other side of the wall.  The EWE
would be  small at 12X35X12 at the most, but aimed at 30 degrees True
North (15 degrees Magnetic). I have no idea which antenna would do the
best. The EWE would be the easiest to install and Nick feels it would
have the most gain (w/o amp), but may be noisier nearer the house. The
Pennant or Triangle would not have lead running down the house. I wish I
had a 100 feet to run an old faithful EWE at 30 degrees as I have been
sold on them since I installed my first in 1981. I am not excited about
a 35 foot EWE, but it is a shot.

73,

Patrick