[IRCA] Yamaha receiver-OT

Greetings,

My new DVB satellite receiver will pass AC-3 audio, so I bought a new
Yamaha HTR-6030 receiver with 5.1 Dolby. A complicated unit. I fiqure
for $164 including shipping from Amazon.com wasn't a bad price. All I
really needed was an Amp, but they were more than the Yamaha receiver,
100 watts per channel, must more than I will ever need  There is even an
input for XM radio, included is quite a sales pitch. I still need the
docking/tuner unit, if I wanted it. The receiver has AM/FM Stereo, but
not one mention of HD. Nothing. I found that rather interesting.
Apparently Yamaha doesn't find it viable. But they are sure pushing the
XM. It would have been just as easy to put that HD chip in the unit than
the XM set up. .  Now, Ibiguity, how in the world do you expect to sell
HD, if the receiver manufactures are not pushing it?
No one cares...and no one is listening.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin