Re: [IRCA] EWE Up in Carlisle UK!

I agree completely, Patrick.

John B.

At 06:09 PM 8/11/2008 -0700, you wrote:
John,

I have found a poor ground ups the impediance. At least here, with
swampy soil, it is hard to have poor ground. So maybe it is the area
here.
I have found the matching transformer seem to be less of an issue,
unless there is a short or broken connection in it. I have played around
with a lot of different wraps and the impediance changes, so you may get
a loss in signal, but the nulls work the same. Of course I am speaking
on what I have discovered here. The ground conductivity may vary the
results.  Barry does need less than a 10K pot. That is for sure and the
null should be somewhere between 900-1000 ohms. I like the 2.5K ohm pots
as the null is easy to adjust. It is not not so sharp and minor changes
in the impediance with the water table changing, I am not out there
adjusting the pot near as often. The 5K seemed to need touch-up more
often, being so touchy. But the better the grounding, the better the
null. It will be deeper.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin