Re: [IRCA] More IBOC discovery

Neil Kazaross wrote,
"Pity the poor DXer in the mid-west without a superb antenna setup as IBOC
QRM comes from nearly all directions. I phoned the area DXer who lives 7
miles south and almost as close to Lake Michigan as I, and he thinks he may
have just been able to get audio traces on 1134 with a loop, while easily
hearing what I had, played over the phone."

I'm certainly in this category, at least as far as Croatia-1134 is concerned.  Before IBOC nighttime operation on KMOX it was often audible, sometimes nearly armchair copy, on good TA nights here in Missouri.  After IBOC, forget about it from my location with just a loop (no phasing capability here at present). Needless to say, my ability to hear a European superpower station that is probably clearly readable this far inland only 5 or so times a year at BEST isn't a concern for a station like KMOX.  I'm not even saying it SHOULD be.  It's just frustrating.

Randy Stewart
Springfield MO