Re: [IRCA] DX Tip? WPLN 1430 TN

--- "Paul B. Walker, Jr."
<walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> i would "ask him to rem,ove wording like that"....
> thats like calling out a
> station for definately cheating when you have
> absolutely no proof.. and
> anything less then Field Intensity Measurements or
> more conclusive proof
> would be required.

A friend of mine let me use his FIM for a few months.
I logged all of the clears over a period of time.
GRRR!  Paper work did not survive the fire and the
move.  It was interesting to see how strong WLAC could
actually be in South Carolina at night. Some nights
the field strength was more than any local.

That said, I have a Hallicrafters S-76. Technically
speaking it should be a SX-76 because of the crystal
filter. It is the only radio ever made with a 5 inch S
meter. Calibrated in S units AND microvolts.  I need
to order and replace ALL the paper capacitors it has.
And then we can calibrate the meter and OH DEAR! see
what some stations do.

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net