Re: [IRCA] am iboc

> First is with a salesman at the Best Buy auto radio department.  I asked
> if
> there was any call for HD Radios.  Took him a minute to figure what I
> meant,
> but after he understood his answer was no.  It seems this specific Best
> Buy
> has not sold even one of them.  None were on display.  It's a very busy
> store in the corridor between Boston and Providence.
Hi Graig-

I have been asking around the local stores simular questions like yourself.

My experiances are about the same. In Cleveland, TN there are two Radio
Shacks. Neither knew what HD radio was. I figured it was because we are in
Bradley county TN. The natives here are one brick short of a full load.

Yesterday the wife and I were in Circuit City in Chattanooga. I asked three
different sales persons if they had a HD radio I could see and listen to.
None of them knew what I was talking about, so they got the store manger,
who was even dummer.

Why are the broadcasters trashing up the band when there are no/or not many
listeners? Why not wait until the market is ready? I don't beleive it will
ever be ready.

Willis