[IRCA] Cuba - 600

I've had the SDR-14 at New Bedford, MA on the south coast for a few days.
Unfortunately, my internet connection was off from Friday afternoon until
this evening.  Finally had a chance to listen again.

The antenna used is a 5 foot copper loop about 150' from the WNBH-1340
tower, set to null it.  The null is roughly E-W and pulls down NYC and
Providence stations a lot.   I had a notch filter in line, but it was
removed as it wasn't needed.  With 1340 nulled by the loop, the signal level
is actually less than the 1420 station which is a mile away.  Audio is sent
by a streaming encoder.  The server software that comes with Spectravue
hasn't really worked yet.  No clue why.  But, the stream combined with
control by PCAnywhere has been a decent workaround.

Right now the SDR is tuned to 600 and Cuba owns the frequency.  Can't even
hear anything under it.

I had a chance to tune through the band when I was there this morning around
8am.  There are some odd static noise segments here and there through the
band.  Quite obvious in the SDR visual display.  About 10-15db above the
noise floor.  Just as noticeable with the antenna outdoors away from the
building as it was indoors.  It could be related to the 50kw FM there, even
with the two outboard 30MHz low pass filters.

At some point I'll set it to record some TOH segments for later review.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI