Re: [IRCA] LOOPS THROUGH AIRPORT SECURITY

Re: [IRCA] LOOPS THROUGH AIRPORT SECURITY

Pete,
This summer I flew with my xyl and 16 year-old daughter to Albany NY from
Ga.  I carried on a bright yellow Pelican box holding my Elecraft KX1 qrp
transceiver.  The box contained a mini-straight key and earbuds as well.
The sight of me carrying it like a lunch pail through the various airports
seemed to be a source of constant embarrassment to my daughter which only
emboldened me. I only wish I had been wearing a cap with a propellor on
top.  In Albany on the return flight, after passing through the xray line,
security diverted me past the initial layer of inspection to another desk
where a man asked me to open the Pelican.  He saw what it was, asked a
couple of questions, and said "cool!" and passed me through.
73 Gil