Re: [IRCA] HD Radio now available on Ford Vehicles

Re: [IRCA] HD Radio now available on Ford Vehicles

> HD radio is now available on Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicle lines.
> These
> are dealer-installed and not optional from the factory.

So Fred- Your saying if I want to buy a Ford I will be forced into buying
the HD radio.

Reminds me of the mid-seventies when all Fords (or was it Chevy) came with a
mandatory CB radio. That lasted about a year. Car sales in Dallas dropped to
an all time low. The dealers started taking them out of the cars.

But I don't believe that will happen this time around. HD will be here to
stay, no matter what the public wants.

This also reminds me of 1945. The FCC adopted the 525 line per frame TV
system, replacing the old 401 line system. A lot of people were up set, BUT
the system stayed in affect anyhow. A lot of TV sets were out of commission.