[IRCA] IBOC Complaints

Karl,

One CE from So Cal told me that we should be flooding the FCC and GM's
of stations with complaints, as we cannot listen to our favorite
stations because of the hiss in their audio, like in the case of KGO.
Not that the hiss is wiping out other stations. No, complain that
because of the hiss, you cannot comfortably listen to the station that
is your favorite. Do not mention you are a DXer though.  I plan on
writing KGO. Not an e mail, but a real letter to the GM and follow that
up with one to the FCC. The CE told me the reason the FCC has adopted
this is no one has complained. As soon as the masses start to yell, that
will have an effect.  It sure cannot hurt. But it is going to take lots
of complaints. We should all sit down and write letters to all stations
that we listen to that is running IBOC and is getting the hiss. What do
we have to lose? Also follow it up with another letter or e mail. But if
you write the snail-mail letter, it is there, not an e mail that can be
deleted.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin