[IRCA] WPQE514 Ashland or WPQE514 Chester, Virginia

At 06:24 PM 5/27/2007 -0400, you wrote:

>Charlie:
>
>Actually, I have heard both WPQE514 Ashland and WPQE514 Chester based on
>program content. I happened to drive by Richmond last September and paid
>particular attention to the differences in their content. When I got
>back home, both of the these transmitters were audible. I believe at the
>time, the Ashland TIS was playing something about North Richmond, the
>Richmond Speedway, and a couple of other things that were unique.  the
>Chester TIS has some unique program material of its own too. That is how
>I ID them.  I heard them fading in and out of each other.  I have about
>3 hours worth of barely readable audio in a couple of mp3 files that you
>are welcome to listen to.
>
>Bill Harms

Bill,

OK, now I understand.

Since the Ashland TIS focused on Richmond (in your observation), and the
(assumed) Chester TIS focused on proximate Petersburg (in my reception),
I'll let it stand with Chester being the TIS I claim. I got one or the
other, and Chester is the closer.

I rest my case. Ahhhhhhhh.

Charles

   Charles A Taylor, WD4INP