Re: [IRCA] transferring recordings from cassettes to digital media

Re: [IRCA] transferring recordings from cassettes to digital media

In a message dated 2/4/07 5:22:20 PM Central Standard Time, niven43@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

<<  The only problem is that I generate
 far more audio than I can ever listen to (but someday hope to get
 through it all!) >>

I like to use CoolEdit 2000 which, in the end, gives a graphical picture of
the amplitude of the audio. If I record with the receiver's AGC off, it's easy
to quickly pick out the parts of the recording that has popped up out of the
jumble. I can go through 12 hours of recording in a half hour just listening to
the highlights. It can be done with the AGC on (like on my FM receiver), but
it's not as easy.

John K9RZZ