Re: [IRCA] Friday Morning in Boone

At 07:58 AM 12/15/2006, you wrote:

>At 15:02 15/12/2006, you wrote:
>
>>What's with the weather in the Pacific Northwest the past couple of months?
>

>Payback for the gorgeous Sepember and October, I fear.
>
>Nick

Victoria was hit very hard by last night's storm.  My wife and I ventured down to the breakwater at 8:00 pm last night.  As we sipped tea, all was calm, with barely a breeze....the eye of the storm.  By about 03:00 local all hell broke loose with the windows in our house really rattling.  For the first time, ever, I wondered whether I should have taped them or something, as they are all original single panes from 1919.  Nothing happened, however, and by morning the winds had died down substantially.  In the area, the winds peaked at 100 mph at Race Rocks out in the Straits of Juan de Fuca, and about 60 mph in town.  It was sobering to listen to the marine radio as we sat watching the ocean last night.....seas of 25 feet, etc.  Wow!  In the 20 years of living in our home, we have never lost power, though.  I suspect this has something to do with living next to a police/fire station.  There are advantages, I suppose!  No trees down in our yard, either.  The K9AY is pretty immune to anything that nature can throw at it.  It's almost 10 years old and going strong.  My 60 meter horizontal loop, though, did break with our snowstorm a couple weeks back.  The K9AY and ALA 100 seemed to have done quite well too, so thank goodness there.  Man, three big windstorms in 5 days....must be a record or something.  I think that's it for now, at least I hope so! ...........Walt.