[IRCA] KCKN 1020 Test heard in Alabama!

Looks like another test that was widely heard despite the considerable
storm static! Our thanks to Don, Jerry, and everyone at KCKN!

Sitting at the dials last night, easily nulled both KCKN and Reloj using
an ALA 1330 broadband loop and the LW Engineering active whip.
Clearly heard KCKN "power up" and shift patterns, then into their
classic country format.

Clear ID's, great tunes like "Running Bear", "East Bound and Down",
followed by the Morse Code, Sweep tones, etc. Got a nice clear
recording and had lots of fun with the guys on IRC Chat channel
#mwdx.

This is NM #1 for me here, after nearly four years of trying! I keep a small
magnetic map of the 50 states in my shack, and I place each state on the map
when I log it. I literally kissed the New Mexico piece before placing it
on that map last night! What a thrill!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
NRC/IRCA Broadcast Test Coordinator
Please call anytime 24/7 if your transmitter
will be off the air for maintenance.
(205) 253-4867