Re: [IRCA] IRCA Loop update 3

> > The few spurious signals heard are probably coming from some piece of
> > equipment in the house.  If I get the chance, I'll drag the whole
> > setup to a field away from power lines.  A couple of local parks are
good
> > spots for that.
>
> Others have posted recently about problems with LEO (law
> enforcement) seeing things like this going on. Where
> before, they would have just been waved on, in today's
> world it could cause some problems. Be careful..

One of the good things about working for a number of local radio stations is
that I can conduct "field surveys" with relative impunity.  I do a fair
amount of monitor point and proof measurements and have nice magnetic signs
for the truck.  Never had a problem.

> Good luck with the field tests!

Thanks!  I have built two identical loops out of the single ten foot one.
Just got through testing each individually, and got identical results.  Next
trick is to get a few hundred feet of coax and put them in opposite corners
of the yard.  That'll get 'em maybe 200' or more apart.  Then phase one
against the other.  I'll mark them for "front" first so the phasing is
correct.  I have a modified MFJ-1026 now, but I think I need to build one of
the better designs such as Mark Connolly designed.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI