Re: [IRCA] MW DX Portables

Gerry Bishop wrote:

"In the heyday of midnight sign-offs, no PSSA, scheduled Monday morning
silence, in other words back in the late 70s and early 80s, my TRF 12-655
outperformed everything else on MW".

I bought the TRF 12-655 for $29.95 back in the 70's, and it is by far the
best MW portable I have ever owned. Even after some 30 years, it still does
the job, especially with the Select-A-Tenna.

I currently use a YB400PE. If Radio Shack ever came out with a radio that
had extended band coverage, digital read-out and the TRF long-distance
circuitry, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Rick Turner
Bemidji MN