Re: [IRCA] IRCA Loop update 3

> The few spurious signals heard are probably coming from some piece of
> equipment in the house.  If I get the chance, I'll drag the whole
setup to a
> field away from power lines.  A couple of local parks are good spots
for
> that.
>
> Craig Healy
> Providence, RI

Others have posted recently about problems with LEO (law
enforcement) seeing things like this going on. Where
before, they would have just been waved on, in today's
world it could cause some problems. Be careful..

A few years ago I was with a local archaeology group,
doing "shovel tests" (a random sample site survey
looking for evidence of artifacts) and we were actually
digging in a city park. Needless we had the get-out-of-jail-
free letter from the local police agency, secured in advance.

Sure enough some old lady living across the street made
the phone call, Officer Bill appeared, and he was okay with
us. No telling who is prepared to dig out their cell phone and
bust you.

If I was going to drag a big copper pipe loop to a city park,
I would want to have it vetted by some agency beforehand.

People who do computer security network pen-tests and
assessments against a company's resources know all about
the Magic Letter from the CISO that you keep with you at all
times.

Good luck with the field tests!

- Bob