Re: [IRCA] Hurricane Rita monitoring

Graig-
Why would you think they were to far away from Houston?? WBAP-820 and
KRLD-1080 are both heard over most of Texas from Houston north to the red
river, all day long. True, they don't have a S-9 signal into Houston at high
noon, but can be heard. I've done it on a car radio. Back when I worked at
KOSA channel 7 in Odessa, TX I could hear them all day long on my car radio.

WOAI-1200 is another good station even in the day time, for Houston.

BUT, in spit of the great radio stations in Texas, the damn Cuban will ruin
any possible reception that you may want. I almost believe they delight in
causing confusion.

I also have WFAA-820 QSLed. I received them in 1967 from a potable radio
while I was setting on the bow of my ship, as we sailed through the English
channel.
Willis