[IRCA] The late Don Erickson

>This is my first post to the IRCA list. I was editor of both East Coast
>DX Roundup and East Coast DX Forum from November 1968 until January
>1971 when Don Erickson was DXM publisher. I met Don in Riverside in
>1971 and was saddened recently to hear of his death - he was a good guy
>and truly one of a kind!
>
>Marc DeLorenzo
>South Dennis, Cape Cod, Massachusetts

Marc,

I was shocked when I read the news here as I know you were! Don was a
fixture in MW DX! I remember Rich Eddie telling me lots of stories about
Don. At conventions he visited many second hand furniture stores to get
suitcases to carry back all his plunder! He applied for credit cards at many
stores in cities where he attended conventions too! Last I heard he had over
200 credit cards, and that was about 1980!

I recently got a large box of DX Monitors and DX news bullitens from Earl
Higgings before he threw them in the trash. I read many, many forums and
musings, and was thing of Don Ericson again. The 1981 convention of NRC was
held in Southern California, and many people reported first, and returning,
visits to Toyland! Gee, it was great to remember Don again through the pages
of the club bullitens he loved!

I miss him a lot, but he is always close to me now through the pages of
these old newsletters!!!!

Cheers to all!

Terry Klasek
Saint Louis, Missouri

PS I was never able to visit Toyland in person, and I would love to see
photos of it online someplace.