Re: [IRCA] Hurricane Rita monitoring

> Here on the Cape at a little past midnight UTC (2000 local) 820 is
dominated
> by R. Reloj, Cuba and WNYC so I am afraid Texas will be a bit of a stretch
> for me. The only Texas I have heard from here was WTAW 1620.

Yes.  While I was testing that loop, I tried nulling various stations to see
if I could hear down that way.  Closest station I could hear reliably was
WSB-750.  Even WSM-650 was poor.  WWL-870 nonexistent, even with the Maine
station gone.

Internet streaming is probably the only way.  More than likely WWL-870 will
be the main focal point of hurricane information.  They are already set up
and running.  I'll poke around the internet in a moment.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI