[IRCA] Digital Recorders MP3 Technology. Advice sought.

[IRCA] Digital Recorders MP3 Technology. Advice sought.

Patrick Martin, thank you for your feedback about MP3 recorder/players!

FOLKS:

Still need lots of advice on using MP3 to record and playback from my DX
receiver.

1. Don't have any idea what 15 seconds of station ID is likely to
translate to in KB of MP3 file. The usual ID full of fanfare, BS and
bellowing.

2. I have numerous 100 and 250 MB Zip™ disks which I much prefer to use
in the meantime for storing DX MP3 files.

3. Don't EVEN want to think about buying and interfacing a CD ROM burner
right now. In the future, say like a year when I get comfortable with DX
MP3 file
storage it looks like the way to go. But not now for me.

4. Request maybe a list of $100 - $200 MP3 recorder/players. I prefer
USB interface, but I can't be choosy.

5. This is even farther in the future, but is there anyone out there in
IRCA Romper Room who has used DSP with MP3 files and the like?

I'm ahead of the pack in some aspects of digital, but haven't so much as
a clue about other.

73 de Charles WD9INP/4

--

          ------