[IRCA] TP report from Kauai for 2Dec2010

[IRCA] TP report from Kauai for 2Dec2010

A pretty decent morning.  I was up at the dials from 16:39 UTC (6:39 AM local), which was well into local dawn with LSR being at 7:19 AM.  Still things were hopping throughout the band.  I started at the top of the band (my Eton e100 does not extend into the X-band...to 1620 only before reverting to 522).

1575:  Poor to fair with presumably VOA Thailand
1593:  Poor to fair in CC
1566:  poor
1557:  fair reception with music at 16:42 to S/SW.  ?WYFR?
1548:  Australia at good level
1413:  poor reception to south
1386:  poor to NW/SE
1377:  CNR1 at good level //6030
1314:  talk at fair level at 16:51.  Sounded like it had an EE inflection, but difficult to be certain as the max direction was NW/SE.  A bit late for NZ, so more likely Osaka JOUF.
1278, 1242, 1179:  all poor to NW
1170:  Very good reception of VOA special English on W beam, but cochannel when the Eton was turned 90 deg with someone else at fair strength.  ?Australia (Sydney) or HLSR Korea?
1152:  Talk show to SW at fair level.  Sounded like French to me, but nothing like that listed.  Unid for now.
1143:  good reception to NW with music.  Presumably Kyoto JOBR.
1134:  poor to fair with talk to NW.  Either JJ or KK.
1116:  DU at fair strength at 16:57.
1098:  OC at 16:57
1053:  poor to NW
972:  poor to fair ?KK at 16:58
891:  Good to very good to west with hymn or NA and abrupt sign off at 17:03.  Very interesting, but who could it be.  I see several stations listed as signing off at 17:00 including Thailand and RRI.  Definitely not a CC station....wrong music and format, but I missed any speech.  My most interesting catch this morning!
864:  poor to W/NW
855:  rumbly audio as usual for N. Korea.  Poor
747:  poor to W/NW
657:  good level.  North Korea at 17:08.
639:  poor/fiar to W/Nw with talk and music.  Not sure who.
630:  Confirmed this is Australia, with ABC jingle at 17:00 at good level.
612:  Fair to good level from Brisbane.
594:  good to very good level except for splatter to NW with instrumental music at 17:10.  Japan presumed, and seemingly // to 549.
549:  Seemingly // to JOAK 594 at good level which would make this one JOAP Naha, Okinawa.  A nice catch!

That's it from Kauai.  One more morning and it's back to Honolulu!  The surf was huge on the north side of the island (Tunnels Beach) with all the beaches closed due to the high surf.  Still a gorgeous day, though, and the south beaches around Po'ipu are usually always pretty safe.....Walt Salmaniw, Po'ipu, Kauai.