[IRCA] More Kauai DX information: WWVH

Hi, fellas.  Lappert's is definitely on my list of places to sample.  Drove
by one of their outlets today on the way back from Waimea canyon (*
Spectacular!!!*).  Also drove by WWVH, and as someone mentioned recently,
it's not a place one can simply drive up to have a look.  It's located on a
US military facility and the sign simply has an arrow with WWVH and NBS, but
there's a guard house, and I'm just about 100% certain that you'd be turned
away if you approached.  I could see various satellite dishes and vertical
antennae in the area, but nothing like curtain arrays or dipoles.  They're
located right on the beach it appears, with the tops of several antennae
visible from the roadway.  I did notice that the Kauai recycling facility
has a roadway down to the water and borders the military facility, so one
might get a better view of WWVH from there.  I very briefly checked the 9
kHz spacings this morning, but a bit too late after sunrise, but was aware
of some activity, at least on 594 and 774, so I'm hoping to do a little bit
of pre-dawn DXing off the lanai here, as the noise level is rather low.
More to come as time permits.  A little footnote on WWVH.  Years ago this
station was located in Kihei, Maui and was immediately adjacent to Kihei
road.  For years after WWVH left, there remained large delta loops on the
property between the road and the water, and some old signs indicating WWVH,
and also the old vertical 2.5 MHz antenna.  There was an ionospheric
research station there when I visited about 15 years ago and was taken
around by a very nice elderly gentleman and ham operator who was about to
retire back Stateside.  Shortly after that the property was transferred to a
whale research facility (from the NOAA).  NOt sure whether it's still there
or not.  A shame that the present WWVH isn't as "user friendly" as the old
site was.......Walt Salmaniw, Pupoi, Kauai, HI