From: Barry McLarnon <bdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, Apr 6, 2010 11:38 pm
Subject: [IRCA] Auroral Fun

Considering the interesting stuff going on in the ionosphere the past two
ays, I'm amazed how quiet these lists have been - isn't anybody listening?
The auroral conditions are subsiding now, but there are still lots of
xcellent Latin American signals tonight - Cubans everywhere, Colombia like a
ocal on 760, destroying WJR, R. Coro Venezuela on top of 780, and many more.
oads of unid stations, some with large frequency offsets, putting loud hets
n their channels.  A highlight was finding R. Catolica Nicaragua nearly
lone on 720... here's a clip, recorded about half an hour ago:
ttp://topazdesigns.com/ambc/audio/ynrc-720-2255-6apr10.mp3
Last night, ZNS made a rare appearance here on 1540, and I had several new
omestic catches from NC/SC/FL.  Auroras are very cool, and although this
asn't a monster one, it's the best I've observed here since 2006.
Barry
--
arry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON
ontributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its