To: <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 11:38 PM
Subject: [IRCA] Auroral Fun

Considering the interesting stuff going on in the ionosphere the past two
days, I'm amazed how quiet these lists have been - isn't anybody listening?

The auroral conditions are subsiding now, but there are still lots of
excellent Latin American signals tonight - Cubans everywhere, Colombia like a local on 760, destroying WJR, R. Coro Venezuela on top of 780, and many more. Loads of unid stations, some with large frequency offsets, putting loud hets
on their channels.  A highlight was finding R. Catolica Nicaragua nearly
alone on 720... here's a clip, recorded about half an hour ago:
http://topazdesigns.com/ambc/audio/ynrc-720-2255-6apr10.mp3

Last night, ZNS made a rare appearance here on 1540, and I had several new
domestic catches from NC/SC/FL.  Auroras are very cool, and although this
wasn't a monster one, it's the best I've observed here since 2006.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON