Re: [IRCA] Wi-Fi legality (OT)

At 07:17 PM 3/30/2009, you wrote:
>Walt -
>
>It depends on the service provider and the state. Take a look at <http://compnetworking.about.com/od/wirelessfaqs/f/legal_free_wifi.htm>http://compnetworking.about.com/od/wirelessfaqs/f/legal_free_wifi.htm
>and you'll see a pretty coherent explanation.
>
>I don't know about BC - you might be a criminal (is there a reward for turning you in?) and you might not.
>

>See you -
>
>Chuck

I've quite enjoyed this little discussion on Wi-Fi, for an otherwise ho-hum DX evening.  The link above is an interesting one, at least from a legal point of view.  No comments on Canada, though, so my attempts on the Queen Charlottes are still unknown as
far as the legality!  I think that Mike's comments about Wi-Fi being an open window to any computer is very important, and probably the main take home message of this little discussion.  Now onto another topic.  Please read my next thread....
Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC