Re: [IRCA] ULTRALIGHT DX.....1090 SPANISH UNID...Revisited???

Re: [IRCA] ULTRALIGHT DX.....1090 SPANISH UNID...Revisited???

John H. Bryant wrote:
Hey, Rob,

This might be your solution. I spent about 6 hours yesterday trying to buff up overnight recordings to ID this puppy. If what you were hearing was news and commentary, this is almost certainly it. http://www.cincoradio.com.mx/emisoras.asp?emi=XEHR My best times were from 0800 through 1000 UTC and I can't say that I noticed jingles.... could be that they don't run those very late at night.... or I missed them. At about xx:05 they run a segment called "Eches(?) Presenta" that is short items with a couple of CW dits somewhat between items.

Cinco radio is a 5-station network centered at Tampico, south of the southern tip of Texas.

Now will you approve me an 80 Latins Heard for only 79???

John B.

Hi John:

Thanks for the info on RADIO CINCO the Mexican Network. However....I really don't think this is gonna be what I heard (Several Times)!! The Station I am hearing is predominantly a MUSIC STATION.....not a lot of talk. Lots of Accordion and Up-Tempo Mexican flavoured Music...with a Mix of Spanish Ballads. The Jingles or Slogans I heard are definitely "PUNTO CINCO". I know some don't believe you can tell what direction a Station is coming from using an Ultralight Radio.....but I find that this T-615 is pretty accurate when the Ferrite Antenna is pointed at a Station...and I feel that this station is coming from the Southeast more or less. Perhaps the South Eastern USA?? I wonder if maybe this is actually an ENGLISH Station that Runs a Mexican Format LATE AT NIGHT???..since I always hear it after Midnight?? I don't believe it is a TRUE MEXICAN at least Geographically!!

The thing that puzzles me is that NOBODY ELSE has been hearing this??? Not even the Canadian Boys who are located fairly close to me???

Guess I'll just have to keep plugging away and hope I can squeeze an ID outta them eventually!!

Thanks for the Detective Work though John....I really appreciate the Help!!

And NO.....You gotta hear all 80 LATINS to get the Award...but NICE TRY!! HAHHAHHA....

73..ROB.

Robert S. Ross VA3SW
London, Ontario CANADA