Re: [IRCA] Aussie-531 Audio Heard on SRF-T615 Ultralight at Grayland

Re: [IRCA] Aussie-531 Audio Heard on SRF-T615 Ultralight at Grayland

Nice going Gary.  I'm glad my suggestion worked for you.

In the past I've heard 2PM here quite a bit, but my last couple of DU receptions on 531 have been a mix of audio. I think 2PM's format leans towards 70's pop tunes - Carpenters, Helen Reddy, and similar artists. 2PM is very near the coast, so I would think it a bit more likely than 4KZ but, as others have said, either one is possible.

Bruce

D1028Gary@xxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks Paul,
The music was instrumental, but the signal was not steady enough to confirm a classical music format. Anyway, since I didn't hear an ID, I don't plan to claim this reception as an Ultralight distance record. Maybe someone else can try for this station at Grayland, and get a definite ID. The portable nulling bearing was definitely from the southwest. however, and there aren't too many domestic stations on 531 :>) So, I'm just happy to have received Australia on a stock Ultralight, and had lots of fun doing it. 73, Gary