Re: [IRCA] Aussie-531 Audio Heard on SRF-T615 Ultralight at Grayland

Re: [IRCA] Aussie-531 Audio Heard on SRF-T615 Ultralight at Grayland

Hi Nick,

     Thanks for your suggestions on "DU-531," hi.   The opening to Australia
this morning just wasn't long enough or strong enough  to get an ID, but
that's what happens in DX, especially when you "push your  luck" with overachieving
portables.  Even if there was no official ID, I  feel happy to have broken
the Ultralight "DU Barrier," hi.  Someday  somebody at Grayland may log this
station on an Ultralight and get an ID-- in  which case I'll be extremely
interested to know what it is.

    Anyway, the morning was a great thrill, with 8 TP's  received on the
stock SRF-T615, and three mp3 recordings made (747, 774 and  1566).  1575 also
showed up briefly on the SRF-T615, so even without the  Aussie- 531 ID, I think I
got my $68 worth from the Grayland Motel, hi.

     The modified (19.5"  loopstick) ICF-2010 did great work at Grayland, and
if not for its timely  reception of the weak DU-531 audio at 1308, the
SRF-T615 would never have had a  chance at it.  The entire DXpedition was a great
thrill, and I'm glad  to have had so much fun this late in the spring season.

                                         73,  Gary.

listings at AOL Autos.