Re: [IRCA] Ultralight DXpeditions...Freedom and Fun Without a Ton .

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 3:06 PM, <D1028Gary@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> After
> much experimentation, I settled on the Sony  ICD-SX57 audio recorder,
> which is
> a very high quality digital recorder  that is completely free of RF hash
> during recording (as long as you  separate it from the radio by at least
> 12
> inches).  This ICD-SX57 can  record in near-CD quality stereo if desired,
> and retails
> for just over $100 at  Amazon.

Very good, Gary. I just checked on Amazon and it gets some good reviews
there. I presume it has a "mic" in vs. a line-in? (meaning it needs an
attenuation cable to record).

One personal recorder I tried (Olympus) didn't cut out the built-in mic
while recording from the radio, so you got the ambient room noise along with
the radio audio. Hopefully this one doesn't do that.

Thanks!

Brett