Re: [IRCA] IRCA Digest, Vol 43, Issue 170

Re: [IRCA] IRCA Digest, Vol 43, Issue 170

Jim,

What you are saying in a nutstell is "It is the changing of times".  I
think some of us DXers live in the past, me included looking for that
golden QSL card in the mail (so to speak). The future for young HAMs or
DXers probably is going to be less QSLs, if either hobby exists 50 years
from now.
   Of course, with the newer computer receivers and everything going
digital, DX as we know it may be a thing of the past anyway.
   Postage costs are an issue, but in most cases the DXer and HAM
looking for that QSL would enclose the return postage I would think, so
that should not be that much of an issue.
  But as many have stated,  that the QSL interest is fading, from both
sides. The avid QSLer on MW is not near as common today. I hear that
from so many radio stations I do get QSLs from. Then so many of the
stations do not QSL like they once did either. So it is a two-way
street.  But us avid QSLers keep plugging away as there still are many
stations that do reply.
Thanks Jim for your insight.

73,

Patrick