[IRCA] TPs, OCT 13: Its an Ill Wind.....

[IRCA] TPs, OCT 13: Its an Ill Wind.....

Wow, just awful conditions.... my 60 minutes per dawn sweep (1310 UT)
was the worst that I've had this year, even counting the few times
that I checked in late August.  The aurora has just got to be kicking
up.... I had no decent audio at all and only a couple that were at
threshold. WOW!

However, st dawn enhancement, as I stooged around feeling sorry for
myself (and for the guys on DXpedition in northern Norway) I stumbled
on to a narrow opening to the Taiwan/Philippines area. There was
little fading on the signals and they were all fairly weak (and above
1000 kHz.)

I had what I'm almost certain was DXAM on 1017; BED97, Family Radio
in CC on 1098; DZAT or maybe DYAB on 1512 and WYFR from Taiwan in EE
on 1557. The latter is the most common, but still only the second
time I've heard them this year.

Strange, strange morning.

John B.