Re: [IRCA] Random thoughts on IBOC

I've been having an on-going argument with an engineer friend of mine here
in the Carolinas and a radio station owner in Pineville/Middlesboro,
Kentucky concenring AM Stereo and IBOC.

I will adopt AM Stereo LONG before I wil lEVER adopt IBOC on WABV 1590! (And
in fact, there is a good chance that WABV could go AM Stereo when we buy a
new solid state transmitter if I can convince the ownership!!) I will NEVER
EVER adopt IBOC unless absolutely force to by station ownership or mandated
to by the government.

I think FM IBOC works fairly well, with the multicasting and all.. a pretty
cool way to use your FM signal. The FM IBOC interference isn't as bad
because FM doesn't skip like AM does.

I think we simply need to stop complaining and adapt to IBOC as it happens.
I'm not saying we shouldn't still complain nor am I saying that IBOC on AM
wil lever work.. but some of us need to stop our childish whining about how
bad IBOC is for our precious hobby. Suyre, I don't like it anymore then any
of you do.. but our whining and gestapo like complaining won't help the
hobby any.

Paul Walker
www.walkerbroadcasting.com