Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: Random thoughts on IBOC

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: Random thoughts on IBOC

Many of us have said all along that this was going to be a long,
drawn-out process - that AM IBOC wasn't going to just suddenly fail
overnight.

This is still true. Any negative ratings effects will take six months
at the barest minimum to show much. Similarly, it will take many months
of continued consumer indifference before anyone finally draws the
conclusion that not many people will buy an IBOC radio for AM, and that
some per centage of those who do will return them because they can't
get any reasonable signals.

Even on the interference front, it will take time to conclude that it
is as bad as we know it to be. The real impact will be in November -
February when skywave is at its peak.

The plus-size soprano won't be singing at all this season, I don't
think, and until she does, we're just going to have to deal with it as
best we can, and hopefully develop some new techniques or tools to help
out.

I really don't see much point to continuing to repeat the same points
over and over and over again on the lists - at this point it'a only
going to provide more fodder for the IBOC advocates on the broadcast
boards and elsewhere.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]