Re: [IRCA] Cheater term and the FCC - reposting ...

Re: [IRCA] Cheater term and the FCC - reposting ...

Paul,

That is exactly what the Germans did and you know what Hitler did a few
years later.  I am not for breaking laws, but if push gets to shove,
then somethings gotta give. Our country has become a bunch of whips. No
one stands up for what they think. They go and hide in the corner.
In the case of smaller broadcasters, what are they supposed to do? The
FCC has oked IBOC. if you read the rules, an interfering station "May"
have to reduce their HD power. "May"???? In other words, if a small mom
and pop operation is sitting on the make or break line anyway and
suddenly they are faced with this HUGE giant 700 miles away wiping out
their signal in there market where their listeners cannot hear them,
what in the world can they do? Turn the station off and go home. NO! You
fight anyway you can to survive in this world. I would. IBOC should be
illegal period! It is, but our government doesn't seem to care. David
Gleasen made the comment on this list two years ago that these station
that cannot afford to go IBOC or the interference factor was too much,
they would have to go off the air. Bull!!! Go off the air? Throw away
your business, your customers, listeners? Come on, give me a break. If
the giant noise maker would not cut their HD power down and the FCC did
nothing, what are you supposed to do? You do anything and everything
within your power to survive. That is life. Anyone who wouldn't is
foolish.
End of rant.

73,

Patrick