Re: [IRCA] WebTV users...

I was on a job list and somebody got one of these "Pray for God to give you a job" messages that was full of fluff that would ONLY work if he sent it to 10 people.  It went on and on and on and by the time I got it, there were over 1000 email addresses in it.  I know that forwarded email poses an increased security threat.  My opinion of people who forward email without thinking is that they are generally clueless.  My opinion of chain letters is even lower.  I copied and pasted the entire thread (WITH all the email addresses in it) back to the group that the mailing list belongs to (sure to incur the wrath of people who don't like long threads), and at the very top, thanked all of the participants for helping to qualify their email addresses as legitimate for spammers.  Should they complain about the amount of spam they receive, they should put a mirror in front of their face when complaining.

  I haven't seen any more of those since that time.

  Mike

"Powell E. Way III W4OPW" <w4opw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Another pet peeve, is forwarding.

Have you ever gotten something forwarded like this

The quote lines take half the page.

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads DOT net